Sunday, October 30, 2005

When I say Wiener, You Say Schnitzel


So I finally finished applying for the Wenner-Gren, a grant which supplies anthropologists with mad benjamins so that they can do their thing big-style. This took me many hours and involved the use of a staple remover and much swearing at the computer. Anyway, I decided to celebrate the way most of us young people do: going out to an extremely early dinner at a German restaurant with my parents and talking about auto-erotic asphyxiation over a round of Feuerwurst and mashed potatoes. The highlight of the dinner, other than basically the whole thing, was that the German-language edition of the breakout Euro hit of 2003, “Life is Life” came on during desert. Also, a grotesquely fat man almost scratched the exquisite finish on our Touareg.

No comments: